Trade-mark Registration and Related Services
Trade-marks are often a company's most visible identifier in the marketplace. They distinguish a company's products and services from those of its competitors in the eyes of consumers. Trade-marks are the foundation on which a company's reputation - its brands - are established and maintained. Companies spend significant resources in developing and nurturing their brands, from product and package development to marketing and advertising, making their trade-marks among their most valuable assets.
Bosman Law ensures its clients' trade-marks are protected. Bosman Law provides comprehensive trade-mark services: from preliminary availability and registerability searches to ensure that a trade-mark is available for use with a new or re-branded product or service; to filing and prosecuting trade-mark applications; to oppositions against the registration of confusing trade-marks by others; to enforcement proceedings against infringers. Bosman Law advises clients on cancellation or non-use proceedings, whether a client is seeking to expunge another's trade-mark from the register, or responding to a non-use proceeding against its own trade-mark. Bosman Law also advises clients on the licensing of trade-marks and, through its network of international trade-mark agents, provides guidance on international trade-mark protection.
Bosman Law's trade-mark services include:
- Trade-mark Searches:
- Availability searches
- Registrability searches
- Trade-mark Registrations:
- Preparation and prosecution of trade-mark applications in Canada
- Overseeing foreign trade-mark applications through foreign counsel
- Registration maintenance
- Trade-mark Oppositions:
- Opposing the registration of confusing trade-marks by other entities
- Cancellation proceedings - of registrations for non-use or other reasons
- Trade-mark Litigation:
- Infringement - trade-mark/trade-name/trade dress
- Passing off actions (registered and non-registered trade-marks)
- Domain name disputes
- Defence of trade-mark actions
- Trade-mark Opinions:
- Validity Opinions
- Infringement Opinions
See also Intellectual Property Litigation.